Concentration / Summary
Ryan began practicing law in 1992 following his graduation from Drake Law school. Before joining our firm in 2019, he was a partner with the law firm of Culp, Doran & Genest for sixteen years where engaged in a general civil practice with emphasis on domestic relations, private termination of parental rights, and adoption. Ryan has continued to advance his knowledge and skill in the areas of domestic relations, private termination of parental rights, and adoption. Ryan has presented on a variety of topics including adoption, termination of parental rights, the Uniform Child Custody and Jurisdiction Act and other matters related to domestic.
Ryan was born in Joliet, Illinois. He is a graduate of Southern Illinois University (B.A. 1989) and Drake University Law School (J.D., 1992).
Areas of Practice
Domestic relations including dissolution of marriage, paternity, modification of prior dissolution/paternity orders, enforcement of prior dissolution/paternity decree including actions under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, private termination of parental rights, and adoption including out of state adoptions. Establishment of Guardianships for Minors.
- Iowa, (1992-Present)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa, (1992-Present)
Professional Recognitions/Honors & Accomplishments
- BV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
Associations and Affiliations
- Iowa Bar Association (Section: Family Law)
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Board Member: Pleasant Hill Board of Adjustment (1996-2012)
- Board Member: Copper Creek Homeowners Association (2018-Present)
- Board Member: Iowans for Adoption (2016-Present)