Concentration / Summary
Lyle L. Simpson is a shareholder of Simpson, Jensen, Abels, Fischer & Bouslog, P.C. Lyle has a general practice, but practices primarily within the firm’s business and estate planning departments, which includes but is not limited to formation of corporations, limited liability companies, non-profit corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, sole proprietorships, commercial/business documentation, general and complex business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, contract and business related problems, franchise agreements, creditor/debtor, banking, employment and commercial law, real estate, construction, drafting wills, general and estate trusts, dynasty trusts, charitable unitrusts or annuity trusts, and related estate planning documents.
Lyle specializes in assisting clients from the point of an idea through whatever makes them successful in business, the formation of their company, management of the growth and business transactions for the company, the transition planning to maximize the value of the business upon its disposition by his clients and the estate planning to make the best statement that the client can make about their life and to minimize taxation and government interference with their objectives. He has been responsible for the legal services for over 400 corporations, 200 limited liability companies, is registered agent for over 2,000 companies doing business in Iowa, and the supervision of several hundreds of trusts and estate plans.
Lyle spent 30 years in the Military Reserve, 13 years as an Army Signal Corps Officer in the Iowa National Guard and 17 years as a Naval JAG Reserve Officer, retiring having qualified as a Navy Judge. Throughout his practice, Lyle has contributed one-third of his time to our society through the service of our country, our community, and for non-profit and charitable organizations.
Lyle was born in Des Moines, Iowa, graduated from East High School and received his B.A. in psychology and philosophy from Drake University. He was president of the Drake student body and served two years as Assistant to the Dean of Students at Drake, while he graduated with an L.L.B. and J.D. from Drake University Law School.
Areas of Practice
- Iowa State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Recognitions/Honors & Accomplishments
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating for 30 years by Martindale-Hubbell
- Community Leaders and Noteworthy Americans, 1976-present
- Marquis, Who’s Who in Midwest, 1974-present
- Marquis, Who’s Who in America, 1978-present
- Marquis, Who’s Who in the World, 1980-present
- Marquis, Who’s Who in American Law, 1983-present
- 33º Scottish Rite Mason
Associations and Affiliations
- Polk County Bar Association (Member)
- Iowa State Bar Association (Member, Probate, Real Estate, Business sections)
- American Bar Association (Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust, and Business Sections)
- Des Moines Estate Planners Forum (Member)
- Iowa State Bar Association Public Service Project, Board of Directors, 2000 to present, President 2001-2002
- Financial Service Professionals, Chapter Board of Directors, 2008 to present
- Wednesday Tax Forum (Member)
- Delta Theta Phi
Philosophy, Psychology, Boating, Sailing, Flying (private pilot, multi-engine, instrument rating), Writing, Lecturer on the law of estate planning and business planning, and on the psychology of Abraham Maslow, the philosophy of Humanism, Biblical Archeology, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the history of the Masonic fraternity.